Morris Durbin Estate File

I have now scanned, transcribed, and read roughly half of the estate file.  Nothing too too  interesting yet but I do now have a copy of my Great-Great Grandmothers signature.  The next four pages in the pile are receipts of the estate with roughly six receipts per page.  I would love to be lazy and scan them in as a group but I think I will go ahead and treat them individually as they were created.  Two of the receipts are from the County Collector's Office of Fayette County Illinois for 1880 and 1881 personal proerty taxes.  It appears that he owned at least four parcels that the estate was taxed on.  Looks like I need to track down more land records.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium

52 Ancestors: #1 William Adolph Emil Skibbe