Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Christmas Cards

I love to receive Christmas cards, I am not great at sending them, but I do enjoy getting them. Several of my family members, along with myself, use the Christmas cards to update everyone on how the year went for their family.  Perhaps it is that little bit news from family and dear friends that arrives in the mail that gives me the feeling of love and belonging.  It is a  wonderful boost to my spirit and fuels my holiday efforts.

I remember my mother sitting and handwriting out the cards each year.  I think we are somewhat spoiled now that we can type up a standard letter and even print off address labels with our computers.  I still prefer to hand address my envelopes, I do sometimes cheat and mail out a standard update letter.

One of my favorite Christmas decorations is a card holder my mother-in-law, Janice Urman, made me.  It holds all the cards in one place and I love all the care that went into making it.

 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium

52 Ancestors: #1 William Adolph Emil Skibbe