Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Santa Claus

Matt and Amy Clark, with Santa, 1968
I don't remember being afraid of Santa, I do remember our yearly visits and getting our pictures taken with him.  Mom would take us to Randhurst Mall in Mount Prospect, Illinois.  I remember the center court had penguin statues that my brother and I would climb on.  The Santa's set up with the elves was always fun.

I wonder if being taken to Santa's Village while growing up quelled any fear of Santa - to me Santa always meant fun, fun, fun.  Santa's Village was an amusement park in East Dundee, Illinois.  The park was Christmas all year round.  It even had a North Pole that was ice in the park center.  The park closed in 2006.  I remember taking my eldest daughter Jessica to the park in 1986, that was the last time  I had the pleasure of being at the park.

Comments

Diana Ritchie said…
I'm sure you are right - instead of being a scary once a year thing, you were in the Christmas spirit all the time!!
Greta Koehl said…
I remember there being a Santa's Village somewhere in the mountains near San Bernardino, but I don't remember ever going there. Hmm, I'm going to have to google and see whether there's actually one there.
Amy Urman said…
I think there was more than one Santa's Village. Let me know what your google search finds!

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium

52 Ancestors: #1 William Adolph Emil Skibbe