Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Charitable/ Volunteer Work

Charitable work at Christmas is just the thing to make the holidays a little more special.  Previously I posted about the Angel Tree.  I remember shopping and finding contributions for "adopted" families when I was a Girl Scout.  Our troop would often raise enough cash to pay an electric bill, buy some toys and provide the family with some additional food for the holidays.  Our leader never told us the name of the family but just knowing we were helping was all we needed.

I think for the new year I will try to do a little more RAOGK requests and possibly a little more volunteer PI work.  I think it would be a beneficial practice to get into the habit of monthly volunteer work rather than seasonal volunteer work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium

52 Ancestors: #1 William Adolph Emil Skibbe