52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week 7, Toys

This week's prompts:  What was your favorite childhood toy? Is it still being made in some form today?

I played with Barbie, Kiddles, and my baby dolls.  I also had a Crissy Doll that grew it's hair. I collected any and all things horses - Breyer horses, porcelain figurines, books, anything with a horse. 

Barbies and Breyer horses are still produced today.  Mattel has long discontinued the Kiddles dolls.  Ideal no longer makes the Crissy doll.  My collection of Breyer horses was given to one of my mother's friend's daughter's while I was at college. (No, I still have not forgiven Mom for that!)   I still have most of my dolls from my childhood including my Sister Belle doll, my Barbies, and my Crissy Doll.

My Grandmother made clothes for my dolls when I came to visit during the summer, I still have the items she made.  I think the clothes mean more to me than the dolls themselves.  


Amy Coffin of the We Tree blog (http://wetree.blogspot.com/) has yet another successful series on her hands: 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History (http://www.geneabloggers.com/52-weeks-personal-genealogy-history/)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium

52 Ancestors: #1 William Adolph Emil Skibbe