Family Reunion and research

I am still preparing for my visit to Illinois and Indiana.  The list of resources I need to check just keeps growing.  I have already done a bunch of homework by visiting on line library listings finding the books I need to cross off my research list.  It looks like the courthouses and libraries in Indiana will be begging me to leave.  So far I will be in Logansport, Cass County, Indiana and in Carroll County, mainly at the Carroll County Historical Museum.  The Carroll County Historical Museum has collections from the Hyman and Poundstone families.  Luckily many family pictures have been uploaded to the museums digital collection and were accessible from home.  My research in Illinois will be greatly meeting with relatives and obtaining what information they may have.  I am looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting a few "new" cousins.  I am hoping that I can swing a drive to the northwest suburbs of Chicago to see some old classmates before heading back home to Arizona.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium