Still digging through treasures from my research trip

I am still entering and documenting my finds from my vacation.  I have finally finished entering and reviewing my finds from the public library in Logansport, Indiana.  The Logansport Cass County Public Library at 616 E Broadway has a plethora of genealogy books available. Their collection is located on the second floor of the building right behind the reference librarian.  The collection includes Polk Directories (boy did I find a lot of information in them), local Cass and Carroll County reference books, DAR and WPA marriage and birth records, and cemetery records for just about every cemetery in Cass counties. I am glad that I allowed myself a full day to use this facility.  I have to say I met just about the sweetest folks in Logansport.  Everyone I met from the hotel staff at the Holiday Inn Express, the library, and the courthouse were just great.

My plan today is to complete the entering of information (clip files and book references) that I located at the Carroll County Historical Society in Delphi, Indiana. The historical society in Carroll County is another genealogy gem.  They house a good sized research area, clip files, family files, and scanned images from county residents.  I am happy to say that they did indeed have several scanned pictures of my Poundstone and Hyman family. 

I am hoping to get started on scanning and entering/documenting my courthouse finds from Cass County by the end of the month. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium