Mappy Monday or Why my third great grandparents married

While I was in Indiana I came across the image below in the Combination Atlas Map of Cass County Indiana, Kingman Brothers, 1878 - reprinted in 1976 by The BookMark of Knightstown Indiana.  The map certainly explains the marriages between the Poundstone's and Zecks, the Hyman's and Poundstone's, the Fout's and the Poundstone's and the Fout's and the Hyman's.  The neighborhood was a built in "shop for a spouse" location!
 Map of Young America, Deer Creek Township, Cass County Indiana -1878

Comments

Sharon said…
What a great map! Were these common in America towns? My ancestors were from rural areas...best known by their township, etc. or latitude/longitude;) Saying all that, I do have a village photo from Russia that does show the different family names -- a real treasure of information -- hope to post it as soon as I get my genea blog up and working...

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium

52 Ancestors: #1 William Adolph Emil Skibbe