Family Recipe Friday-Aunt Peggy's Monster Cookies

Christmas is right around the corner and I have already started my holiday baking.  I thought I would share a few of my families recipes. My Aunt Peggy passed away in 2009.  Here are two of her cookie recipes.  Enjoy!

Monster Cookies
1 doz eggs
4 c white sugar
1Tbsp honey or Karo Syrup
3 lb. peanut butter
1 lb. chocolate chips
2 lb. brown sugar
1 lb. butter
8 tsp. baking soda
1 lb. M&M's

Mix in order.  Scoop in ice cream scoop onto baking sheet (I make my cookies about half that size).  Flatten slightly.  Bake 350° for 10-12 minutes.  They will be soft upon removal so let cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes.  Makes 10-11 dozen very large cookies.

Holiday Sugar Roll-out Cookies
1 1/2 c confectioners sugar
1 cup margarine
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond flavoring
2 1/2 c flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
Cream sugar and margarine.  Mix in egg and flavorings.  Stir in dry ingredients together; blend in to sugar-margarine mixture.  Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.  Heat oven to 375°.  Using half the dough at a time, roll out to 3/16 inch thickness.  Cut into shapes.  Please on lightly greased baking sheet.  Bake 7-8 minutes until lighly browned.  Cool and ice as desired.

Comments

These sugar cookies sound great...I've not tried them with a dash of Almond flavoring. I'll have to give them a whirl. Thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium

52 Ancestors: #1 William Adolph Emil Skibbe