Week #41 – Teachers

Week 41. Teachers. Did you have a favorite teacher when you were growing up? What class(es) did this person teach and why did he/she make an impact on your life?
Their are two teachers that made a difference in my life. The first teacher that spark my life was Mrs. Gagnon.  She taught second grade at Forest View Elementary School in Mount Prospect, Illinois.   We had just moved to the area and Mrs. Gagnon introduced me to other students and made my beginning at the school a success.  She also loved to sing silly songs and had us up and out of our seats doing hand movements and singing at the top of our lungs.  She also instilled a love of reading.  She encouraged up to have our own adventure reading.  The more we read the more recognition we would have in class.
The second teacher that made a profound impression on me was Mrs. Bond who taught business law and some other classes at Forest View High School in Arlington Heights, Illinois.  She was a no nonsense woman that exposed us to the real world.  She dabbled in accounting, law, research and how to find the truth.  I often think that is why I became a private investigator - she taught us that why was a reasonable request, not a question to be ignored.  
I know that without having these special woman in my life my outlook might have been different than it is today. I thank both of them for giving me the joy of reading and the confidence to always ask why.

 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History is a series of prompts by Amy Coffin of the We Tree blog (http://wetree.blogspot.com/)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium

52 Ancestors: #1 William Adolph Emil Skibbe