RootsMagic 5 and new relatives thanks to two Wisconsin online sources

 I have spent part of the morning playing on the new RootsMagic version 5.  What I see I like a lot.  It appears that a few items (some citations) did not make the conversion and will need to be updated with the new software.  I really like the new timeline, the new screen for adding media and citations, the whole thing seems easier to read.  I can't wait to start working on the research log.  It is about time someone incorporated one for use with our software!  I am looking forward to the RootsMagic webinar What's New In RootsMagic 5 at 5 pm MST to see all the latest bells and whistles.


This weekend has been very enlightening.  I located some additional relatives on Gary's side of the tree thanks to a few Wisconsin sites.  I found quite a few clues at the Wisconsin Historical Society website at http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/genealogy/.  The information is free but they do charge for a fee of $15 per copy for birth, death and marriage certificates.  I need to check and see just how much the state and counties charge.  The other site that I use quite a bit in Wisconsin for Gary's Polish and Slavic relatives is the Archdiocese of Milwaukee Catholic Cemeteries website at http://www.cemeteries.org/genealogy.asp.  This site offers age and date of death, last known address, marital status, date of burial, Funeral home, and allows you to search nearby burials.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium

52 Ancestors: #1 William Adolph Emil Skibbe