1940's Census - Ancestry

Ancestry Insider Blog has a chart of showing which sites have uploaded which states.  You can view the post at Update 1940 Census.  It's cool to see the progress of the different companies. The order of speed that the companies are posting so far are MyHeritage, Ancestry.com, and lastly FamilySearch.

1940 Census Taker interviewing a family at a mobile home park.

I am still anxiously waiting for my Illinois relatives to show themselves.  I guess I better get back to some indexing so I can help move the project along.  For those of you that are interested, you can help index the census through FamilySearch.org.  It is very easy to do and a page of 40 names doesn't take long at all.  Join in the 1940 Census indexing by visiting getting started  For the latest indexing news at FamilySearch visit 1940 Census.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium