Genea-Musings Saturday Night Genealogy Fun: What What Did Santa Bring You?

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun posted at Randy Seaver's blog Genea-Musings asks "What Did Santa Bring You?"

Here are my answers:

1) What gift that you received for Christmas is your favorite for genealogy purposes? Book, magazine, hardware, software, website subscription, research time, DNA test - what was it, and how will it affect your genealogy research?


 Santa brought me a mtDNA Plus testing kit from Family Tree DNA.  I am looking forward to the results to see my ethnicity and finding new family information.  I  purchased for myself a YDNA37 test from Family Tree DNA for my father to submit using my Christmas gift money.  I am hoping that dad's DNA will help me track down additional relatives.  I also received two books - Tombstones of Your Ancestors by Louis Schafer and Walking With Your Ancestors by Melinda Kashuba.  So far both books have been a joy to read - just love learning new things!

2) Tell us about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a comment to this blog post, or in a comment on Facebook or Google+ in response to this post. 

Done!

3)  
 Come on, spill!  And it's OK to respond to this in the days after Saturday too!

Done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium

52 Ancestors: #1 William Adolph Emil Skibbe