FINALLY Get Organized – Down to the wire but January is complete! Checklists for Jan 17-23rd and Jan 24th-31st

FINALLY Get Organized – Down to the wire but January is complete!
Checklists for Jan 17-23rd and Jan 24th-31st



You can join in by following Dear Mrytle’s “FINALLY Get Organized” at http://blog.dearmyrtle.com/p/finally-get-organized.htm .

I think the whole month of January would have been a bit easier if I had two functioning legs.  I have not mastered the art of the wheelchair - that has cost me some valuable time .  I knocked over my to file box and scattered my sorted papers; I have trapped myself in my office by blocking my way out with binders, boxes, and books.  Thankfully now everything has a place.  I am hoping to get at least one of my casts off in the next ten days.  I made it through /SLIG in a wheelchair I guess making it through some organization  shouldn't kill me but boy I would love the freedom of at least one good leg.

þ     Transcribe every document you’ve collected on the first 4-four generations in your surname/maiden name file.  I am so glad I did this, I caught a few dates that I had missed.  One example of missed information is the date a marriage license was issued, date ceremony performed and the date of the return.  I did not use any programs to help with the transcriptions but I did utilize my multiple monitors!
þ      Refile each document in the binder. 
þ      Volunteer at FamilySearch indexing. 
þ       Learn to browse the collections at FamilySearch.org.  This is one of my favorite methods.  I like to find out what records are available for the area I am researching.  No sense looking for marriage record from 1860 is the location and the website you are looking at does not have the record!  It is also very interesting to look through the unindexed images for a location.  I located several relatives records I was not looking for by simple browsing record collections.
þ      Create surname binders for yourself and your mother’s maiden name.
þ      Update your genealogy program to include your siblings with birth and marriage information. Transcribe and cite documents before attaching to the individuals as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium