FGS 2016

I am so excited for the FGS conference in Springfield, Illinois.  I will be driving from Arizona about two weeks prior to the conference. The best part about getting there earlier will be visiting with family before the conference.  I will be picking up a picture of my grandfather from a cousin, my dad's yearbooks, and who knows how many other treasures I will find.

I have been working on my list of repositories and listing what documents I need to search for.  I have also contacted an aunt and some cousins so that I may scan their items.  I am also working up some interview questions for my family members.

My best friend will be traveling to the conference and will be in Springfield the Sunday before.  I am looking forward to playing hostess for the area.  I plan on dragging her to all my favorite places. 

I will be sharing my lists of favorite places to research along with my favorite places to visit in in coming blog posts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium