#FGS2016 I made it to Illinois! Catching up on my trip to FGS

I left Madison with a USB full of records regarding the Drezdzon and other related families. I downloaded quite a few obituaries from Milwaukee's Polish newspapers. My find at FGS was a book on how to read Polish obituaries, I have many translations to work through. First stop in Illinois was a stop at Portillo's for a Chicago dog, I was in heaven!  Which led me to the second most important thing to do - hitting a grocery store and buying all the bright green relish that I could find.  

I actually was in the area to visit the family graves at Concordia Cemetery located in Forest Park, Illinois.  The cemetery offices were very helpful and I located more family plots.  I like to check on the plots since my grandmother paid for perpetual care in 1942 in the amount of $100.00.  The $100.00 covers the entire plot of nine graves.  I think she would be happy to know the cemetery has kept their word she made quit a bargain.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium

52 Ancestors: #1 William Adolph Emil Skibbe