NGS Conference - Pig Pickn'

I was recently talking to some North Carolina folks about the Pig Pickin' dinner offered through the NGS Conference.  I was told it was an event to attend and that North Carolinians really knew how throw a barbeque.  I was worried since I am quite allergic to pork but after reading the menu description I found that the menu consisted of pork, fish (another allergy), and chicken!.  Sides include fried okra, mac and cheese, collard greens, hush puppies, rolls, cornbread, and desserts!  They also have a vegetarian option for those that request it during registration.  I happily have signed up for the dinner.

Also at the Pig Pickn' will be an award winning bluegrass band called The Grass Cats.  Artisans will have their wares for sale.  So far there will be a glass blower, goat soap maker, wooden bowls, painter, glass blower, metal worker, tinsmith and so much more.

The cost of the outing is $45 which includes round trip transportation, food. and the entertainment.  All and all, a wonderful price for all that is included.  I am happy that I chose to go back into my registration and add this wonderful event.  Additional information about the event may be found on the NGS site, the registration brochure and the NGS blog.  Hope to see you there!
#NGS2017GEN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium